Duration: 2 years
Tittle: Master of Strategic Communisation
Goals of the programme
The basic goals of the programme are:
- the expansion of knowledge of communication, sociology, political science, organizational and business studies, law, etc., and the development of competencies for the comprehensive and research-based management of complex issues in these fields;
- the provision of fundamental theoretical knowledge of a narrower field of research specialization which encompasses public relations, market research, journalism, rhetoric, marketing;
- the provision of a methodological apparatus and skills for using it in a narrower field of research specialization which encompasses public relations, market research, journalism, rhetoric, marketing;
- the provision of the ability to transfer the results and findings of the independent analytical studies and research work into the working practice of subjects of economic, political or civilian systems.
The study process takes place in Ljubljana, Leskoškova 9e and 12.
Structure of the programme
The programme is two years long and is divided into four semesters. It consists of 120 CP. The first three semesters consist of five subjects, whereas the fourth semester is intended for students to work on the creation of their master’s thesis. The programme is structured so that it will be based on two pillars: 1.) compulsory and 2.) elective. The programme consists of 15 courses, 11 of which are compulsory and 4 elective. It completes with the defence of master’s thesis.
The study programme consists of three sets of courses:
The programme is carried out in part-time way. It will encompass organized study work, i.e. lectures, seminars, tutorials, laboratory work etc. as well as individual consultations. An important component of the programme is independent student work which encompasses: literature review, seminar and project papers, participating in research and work projects, preparing and holding presentations, preparing for examinations, creating and defending a master’s thesis.
Conditions for enrolment and selection criteria when enrolment is restricted
The following persons can enrol in the first year of the Strategic Communication master’s study programme:
- the ones who have completed a 1st cycle study programme in a related professional field and have acquired a minimum of 180 ECTS credit points (in the Bologna system);
- the ones who have completed a study programme leading to a professional higher education degree in a related professional field (before the Bologna system);
- the ones who have completed a 1st cycle study programme in another professional field, if they have fulfilled all the study obligations essential for continuing their studies prior to enrolling; these obligations are determined by the Study and Student Affairs Committee according to the degree of (dis)similarity of the professional field and encompass between 10 and a maximum of 18 credit points, and they can be fulfilled during their 1st cycle studies within the Media and Journalism study programme, in a non-degree programme or by taking examinations before enrolling in the master’s study programme.
The related professional fields are: social sciences, journalism and information, business and administrative sciences.
The Faculty may restrict enrolment if the number of applications is significantly higher than the available capacity. If enrolment is restricted, candidates will be selected according to the average grade in their undergraduate studies.